Monday, December 20, 2010

Five Minutes To Go...

Before I have to finish getting ready for work.

It's nice to see people posting again! It felt like a ghost town around here for a little while. I guess finals and stuff will do that. I wouldn't know anymore, sadly.

Today is a momentous occasion. If you've been reading for long, you've probably expressed incredulity at the fact that Robb and I sleep in a twin bed. If you haven't, express away.

BUT!

Today (weather permitting), we are getting a real, live (well, not live...that's be creepy) queen bed! Yes. Pillowtop on both sides. Comfy. Lovely. REAL! Where are we going to put it? God only knows. Robb's got a lot of work to do in his room between 5 and 6:30 when we leave to go pick it up. My friend Katie is changing her guest room into something else, and she doesn't have room for it anymore. So. There we go.

FINALLY! We'll actually get to sleep like real people in a real room. I'm excited!

Oh, and Christmas shopping (and wrapping) is done. Now all I have to do is get Robb a birthday present and call it good. I feel so bad for him, not being able to celebrate his birthday on the 24th...ever. This year is no different. But it's okay. We usually have a warm, happy Christmas time after Christmas...or way late on Christmas day. Some year we'll spend it together...

This year, though, it's all about waking up Christmas Eve morning in a beautiful queen bed!

Out

4 comments:

Bryan Ochalla said...

Oh, that's *great* news! Consider me among the folks who didn't know you shared, until now, a twin, by the way. I can't imagine! Pretty soon you'll think the queen is small and want a king :)

Bryan Ochalla said...

Oh, and I feel for Robb. My birthday is near Thanksgiving, which means few people are around to celebrate it. Having a birthday on Christmas eve must be at least 10 times worse. At least he has you :)

Viewtiful_Justin said...

He says he's NEVER celebrated his birthday ON his birthday. It's kind of sad. I'm going to try to change that this year, at least a little. He's actually going to be around during the day, so that's nice.

Adorably Dead said...

Oh no Justin, you definitely need to go for a live queen bed, the sound of it's breathing at night will put you right to sleep. :D lol