Thursday, December 8, 2011

State of the Union...

So I haven't been around these parts very much. I haven't been putting my thoughts anywhere, really. Not on paper, not on the web, not really out loud. That would imply that there are thoughts to share, but there really aren't. Nothing heavy or interesting. I guess that's the problem right now. I don't feel interesting...in the least. I just had my ten year class reunion (8 students showed up with various significant others), and aside from saying I just finished writing my sixth unpublished novel and being told I need to take my act on the road since I'm apparently so damn funny, there was nothing to report. I reconnected with a guy I used to be friends with in high school, which was nice.

Last night I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about all the projects I've abandoned recently. I haven't been blogging. I quit playing the new Zelda game because I got frustrated with something. There's a book someone sent me sitting on my desktop waiting to be read and commented on...for almost a year. And all I could do was get out of bed and sit around on the internet for an hour until I was tired again.

I don't have any motivation.

So this is me trying to remedy that. The responsibilities of NaNoWriMo are over, and the holidays are upon us. It's the time of year when people star thinking about how they could change their lives in the new year. And since it's going to be the last year we get (kidding, mostly), I think I'll be finishing things that I've started. That's my resolution.

Keep me on task, folks.

Out

3 comments:

Bryan Ochalla said...

Do you usually get down this time of year, Justin, or is this something new? Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if all of the things you mentioned in this post -- finishing NaNoWriMo, attending your high school reunion, the holidays and the end of the year -- caused you to dip into a funk. I'd share advice on getting out of funks if I had any experience getting out of them myself, but in general they just seem to work their way out of my system.

All that said, I do look forward to you blogging more again. I was just thinking about this last night, by the way. I haven't seen your posts pop up in my Blogger dashboard for a while, and I thought maybe I was missing them. Anyway, come back when you feel like it and you're ready. We aren't going anywhere :)

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Thanks, Bryan! It's not really a seasonal thing...it just happens sometimes. And yeah...they pretty much work their way out eventually for me, too.

Bryan Ochalla said...

Well, shit. Hopefully this works itself out of your system soon then.