Monday, November 16, 2009

Cruel Fate...

I woke up with a sore throat. It turned to achy neck and back. Now I'm so cold I can't stand it. And I have to leave for work in 18 minutes. I am sick.

Let's hope it's not the flu. And if it is, let's hope it's not of the porcine variety, although I probably deserve it for laughing at fate a few weeks ago. She gave someone I no longer care for swine flu. We won't name names.

As it went with the chicken pox, when we made fun of the neighbor girls, twins, calling them "chicken pock pie" and generally being horrid boys. We caught it from them. Surprise, surprise. And then my older brother and I were the target of much ridicule.

"History repeats itself, and time flows like a river."

If you can tell me where the quote is from without googling it, you're my new best friend.

Out

4 comments:

KellyMellyBoBellyBananaFanna said...

boo.

i was the kid who brought home the chicken pox and gave it everyone else in my family (when i was 5).

sending you a bazillion feel better thoughts...

kelly

Argent said...

Time may flow like a river, my viewtiful friend, but fruit flies like a banana.

... And this is where Justin blocks me from his blog forever.

Kathy said...

And ice cream has no bones...

Viewtiful_Justin said...

HA! You all are funny. I love a terrrible pun.