Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Economic Problems Hit Home...

So, apparently EVERYTYING is closing. Good to know.

Yesterday the Baker's Square in town announced that on Wednesday at 2 they were done for good. Apparently Mason, their renters, doubled their rent at lease renegotiations. We (at the bank) all think that they probably have someone else ready to move in there, and our manager has heard a rumor that it might be IHOP. That would be kind of exciting, although I would never go because of the policies of the renters. Assholes.

And on top of that, I just found out that Filo Spinato, the Italian restaurant in town, closed its doors forever last Saturday. Without a peep.

Add to that Italian Express's closing a month or so ago and I'm starting to see that people in this town don't like Italian food...I blame Pizza Hut and their pasta crap.

It makes me worried for who is next...especially when all our business customers keep leaving for another bank or going out of business.

Out

2 comments:

Melissa Blake said...

Waaaaait? Are you serious? NOOOOOOO! I loved Italian Express too.

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Me too! It's sad. It's like our little town is clsing down around us. Makes me wonder who's next.