Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th...

So, this morning I was a superstitious man.

I woke up significantly late. I found out my boy isn't going to be around at all on Valentine's Day. There was this double-layered permafrost on my windshield that took for freaking ever to get off. By the time I got to work, I was cursing this day that otherwise I would let pass with a shrug. And then the computer I was planning on working on was unavailable, leaving me to have to work on the crappy one up front. And that's just the stuff that I want to mention here...

But.

Apparently it is turning around. After 9 the computer started miraculously being okay, so I moved to it. And then I realized it's payday. And the day the water guy shows up. That could brighten ANY day. Add to all of that the fact that we just heard that as of the 20th we're no longer doing Money Grams at work (the bane of ALL OF OUR existences). And then, the crowning moment of the day: the letter.

We got this letter from a customer, complaining about charges on her account. She came in a few weeks ago and we refunded the charges, and the letter was just to let us know that we never refunded the penny in her savings account. The penny that we put there in the first place. And...gosh was it worth sending with a 42 cent stamp. Seriously? Are there people that are that dense? Apparently so. And just to cement her identity as the brilliant one, she told us to send her the penny at the address listed above, which read [name here], DeKalb, IL, 60115. No street address.

Oh yeah. Made my day.

So, yeah...the day really is turning around.

Good for me.

Out

No comments: