Monday, February 23, 2009

Return of George...

A few months ago, maybe early January, when I was at work I got a bill in a deposit from a small convenience store in town. The numbers on it had been covered over with dollar signs except for the top left, which had five zeroes added to the "1" on it. It was a $100,000 bill! I was enthralled. I took a photo (which I do whenever I find money with something written or stamped on it--which is fairly often--while at work).

I'm sure I sent it out with someone as change or in a request for dollar bills. It was gone. Until today.



It came back! This is, for sure, the same bill. And it came in with a deposit from the same business as before. Crazy. I've never had this happen to me before, in all the years I've been working with money. It made my day.

And now it's strapped with a bunch of other ones, and will most likely be going out as change to another business in town.

Anything like this ever happen to you?

Out

1 comment:

A human kind of human said...

Doesn't it make you wonder about the story behind it all. Was it for fun or is there maybe a deeper meaning like believing that instead of 1$ bills, 1 000 000$ bills would come rolling in. I mean, why do that to a 1$ bill?