Monday, June 14, 2010

Don't Get Around Much Anymore...

Work is eating my face...but in a totally good way!

I have an interview on Wednesday for the full time position in a different branch. It's sort of a bummer, because I love my coworkers and I'd hate to leave them. But I NEEEED the benefits. And I worked with a guy on Friday who works at the full time branch, and he was fun! So at least I'd know SOMEONE there. It would be weird not having a drive-up, though.

Anywho...

I've been at work, and when I haven't been at work Robb has been home. So we hang out and play games and whatnot, and I don't make time to blog. Or we go out and see a movie and I am not home to blog...

Speaking of...

We saw Prince of Persia on Wednesday. Or...Thursday? I don't know...anyway, we saw it. I have always been a fan of the games, so I knew I had to go see the movie. I also knew it would suck. So...I wasn't disappointed. Don't waste your time or money. It's not a good game adaptation (surprise), and it's not really that good of an action movie. It's about 45 minutes too long. And the biggest shame? Jake Gyllenhall is shirtless in exactly 2% of the movie. Yeah...not even much at all. I figured it would be at least worth it to see him running around half-naked for two hours...but...they couldn't even pull that off.

And Saturday night we went to see Shrek 4. I didn't have high expectations for this one, either, but it was actually way better than I expected it would be. I liked it, believe it or not! The storyline is forced, but it's pretty funny. Rumplestiltskin makes a pretty good (and creeeeepy) bad guy. He's no Fairy Godmother, but he's pretty good. It's nice to see a little bit of what might have been had the first Shrek not gone according to plan. But yeah...not genius or anything, and definitely the least good of the four movies. But it wasn't terrible.

So...there. An update, of sorts.

Out

2 comments:

Greg said...

Good to know about Prince of Persia. We've been on the fence about seeing it so we'll wait until DVD, then rent it. Much cheaper than what it costs now for a movie....

Viewtiful_Justin said...

True story!