Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Script Frenzy...

It's coming. I only have one month before I have to get an idea together in my head. I thought about writing about my dad, conversations I've had with him, defining moments, a sort of retrospective. It might help me process the things that are still unresolved in my head. I've made the resolution not to post anything about him because I don't want him to know that I even think about him, but I finally decided that I don't give two shits. I think about him. How could I not?

I had a dream last night that I showed up at his restaurant (as far as I know, he doesn't own a restaurant) in orange briefs and red heels, and he was short handed, so I just started taking orders. The first person was underaged and trying to get a drink...but he'd just broken his motorcycle and was pretty badly burned. The other patrons were trying to tell me that my dad would be furious when he got in and saw what I was wearing, but he was just glad I was helping. He didn't care what I had on.

Freud would have a field day with that one.

Anyway...I'm thinking about writing that. I also toyed with a screen adaptation of my last novel, just as a rewriting exercise. It could work, I think...but...it might not be that exciting for me. I've got a month to figure it out. I'm sure something will work out for me. And if not? I'll just put on my orange briefs and red heels and go out to eat.

Out

No comments: