This week's list will be short. But it's here.
I give you the top 5 things I miss about having a computer:
5. Wasting Time. Now when I have fifteen minutes before I leave for work, I wander around the house, harass the cat, read a magazine, or write some poetry. Before, I used to hop online and check my email or my blog, leave a few comments, and generally waste time. I know I'm a little more productive now, but I miss it!
4. Getting Hints. I am playing through an RPG on my DS right now (Magical Starsign if anyone cares), and when I come across a particularly tricky boss, I like to try a few things on my own and then hop online and see what other people have said works well against them. Now? I just shut it off and walk away, telling myself I'll look when I'm at work. I forget.
3. Watching Videos. Seriously. The Wii's internet browser is faulty, at best. It doesn't load videos, it freezes regularly, and everything on it is really inconsistent. One day something will load, and the next you'll sit there for ten minutes before it tells you there was an error. When I send myself a link from work (videos don't load there, either), I like to come home and watch it, and then delete the email from my box. Now they just pile up...I think I'm going to have to plan a day to clean out my inbox and watch stupid videos.
2. Having a Keyboard. This was going to be number one on the list. Do you know how hard it is to constantly type with the Wiimote? The boy still hasn't come through on his USB keyboard promise. And both of our computers are old enough that they don't have USB keyboards. So yeah...point and click and point and click and point and backspace and point and click. Ugh!
1. All of You! I miss you guys. I miss reading your blogs and commenting and hearing all of what you have to say. I thought it wouldn't be this hard to be away, but it really is!
So there you have it. My list of the top 5 reasons I want that computer back!
Frieze for the camera
3 hours ago