Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Shakey No Wakey...

Apparently last night at around 4 AM we had an earthquake. Now, I live in Illinois, so this is big news around here. I was shaken out of bed for the last one (years and years ago). I awoke that time to all the dogs in the neighborhood barking and all the lights coming on. This one, though? I awoke to a text message.

Apparently I slept through it. They said it was a 4.3 on the Richter scale, and it happened just outside of the next town over. But then they said it was a 3.8 and it actually happened closer to Elgin. Well, whatever the case, I slept through it.

Boo.

Out

4 comments:

Melissa Blake said...

I felt it! I thought I was hallucinating or dreaming. :)

Viewtiful_Justin said...

It's such an odd feeling, isn't it? I felt the one we had several years ago. It's surreal...it shook me out of bed, then. And all the dogs in the neighborhood were barking. I slept throug htis one, though...

Nicole said...

I used to live in Barrington Hills years ago (I was a nanny). I can't remember if Elgin is close by there. Was the quake near Barrington?

tattytiara said...

I've slept through people physically pulling me out of bed. I doubt an earthquake would disturb me too badly either.