Friday, May 27, 2011

SO OLD!!!!

Tonight I get to watch my sister graduate from high school.  I remember the day she was born.  I was ten.  Wow.  My brother and I were sitting on the couch with Gramma Gramma (that's what we called her...she was my mom's mom), and we were all waiting for the phone call.  The phone rang.  Gramma Gramma went to pick it up, and when she said it was a girl, I knew that for the rest of my life, I'd have a sister.  My brother cried.  He wanted a brother.  He wanted someone to teach to play catch and who would roughhouse and be tons of fun.  Well, he ended up teaching her all those things, anyway.


I remember telling her her first joke when she was old enough to understand them.  


I remember her first words.  My stepdad dropped a spoonful of applesauce on her head, and she said, "Uh-oh!"  We all laughed so hard we couldn't finish dinner.


Now she's all grown up, having boyfriends, working, and going to college.  COLLEGE!


I can't believe she's so old already.  And even though she'll be 18 in July, she's still my baby sister.  And I'll still kick her ass into shape if she's being stupid.



Love you, Christine!  Congratulations.


Out

No comments: