Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Baby's First Headphones...

So, I'm hesitant to admit this since people think I'm some kind of freak every time I say it, but...here goes.  I bought my first pair of headphones on Sunday.  First.  Like...I've never owned a pair.  I've always wanted a pair, but I just never had one.  So, for the first time in my life, I can hear music on headphones.  Let me tell you...I feel like the time I've spent listening to music before now has been a complete waste.  Songs I've known all my life have become things entirely foreign to me.  There are instruments and background noises that I never picked up on before.  Everything is so bright and shiny and deep.  


I feel like this is something that you should need a prescription for...or...a license...or something.  It feels like medication...and it's delivered in the most wonderful of ways.  It's like...aural sex, which, by the way, is what I'm going to call my first album if I ever start a band.  Aural Sex.  I feel like that should be the name of a Warrant album or something.  Anyway...



First.  Headphones.  Ever.  


I've wasted more time today at the computer than ever before--only because I'm looking for every and any reason to stay immersed in music.  The real world feels so flat right now.


Out

5 comments:

Bryan Ochalla said...

Congrats on popping your headphone cherry! Sounds like it was worth the wait :)

David said...

LMAO, you are too adorable!

Viewtiful_Justin said...

:-) I aim to please.

Adorably Dead said...

Congrats on your first headphones. That's so weird, I've always had headphones. :p

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Now I listen to music from my computer speakers and cringe...I became a sound snob almost overnight...