Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Old Poetry...

I typed up some handwritten poems yesterday as a way to keep busy and not let my mind sit by itself. It hasn't been doing so well on its own lately. Believe it or not, some of those poems stood up surprisingly well to aging. I only came across one or two that made me scratch my head and one that I couldn't even figure out what it was about. Cryptic, indeed.

This one was especially funny to me, because I don't recall writing it.

Poem After Too Much Wine



Set me free to be

the one who fails spectacularly

Who drinks too much

and says fuck you

or come over so I can.



Let me free to be

the one who crashes willingly,

to throw off the veneer

of perfection saddled

and be a great big mess.



To let my outside

Match my inside

Just for once.

------------
So, yeah...lots of fun. Anywho, I've got a lot going on today, so I don't have time to sit around on the computer. I'm at work until 6, and then I go straight to dinner with friends, and then it's straight to United Campus Ministry for the first service of the year. It will be nice seeing people I haven't seen since before Christmas. And what better way to make an impression than in bank attire? I'm going to be itching to get out of that tie...
Out

No comments: