Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sold...

Poetry apparently isn't the way to get comments around here. Fair enough. I was just venting, anyway. I didn't need anyone's approval.

I opened an envelope this morning and found out that we've been sold. Our property management company is no longer ours. Now we are in the hands of strange people with strange policies. I loved who we were with...I couldn't believe there was a rental company in a college town that was so damn friendly and accommodating. But...now we're in the hands of someone else.

I just had a terrifying thought...

What if they make us get rid of the cat? I'd burn down their fucking offices.

Sorry...maybe that was a bit dramatic, but...really...with all that's going on in my life right now, if anyone has the right to be dramatic, it's me.

*drops onto fainting couch with one hand to forehead*

Out

4 comments:

Bryan Ochalla said...

Hopefully your new landlords will be just as nice as the old ones. At the very least, hopefully they'll just leave you -- and your cat! -- alone.

Sorry I didn't comment on your poetry, by the way. I read it and thought it was extremely well-written (as always), but I didn't know how to respond, esp. since it was so melancholy :(

David said...

That happened to me two years ago back when I was living in the apartment in Saint Paul. One night my roommate and I were sitting in the kitchen, minding our own business, when there was a knock at the door. I answered and this adorably cute guy was standing there, and he handed me an envelope saying, "Hi, you've been served." And I was like, "Huh?" And he was like, "Have a good night." And Roy and I were like, "BWUH?"

A sleepless night later, I figured out that what happened was our landlord declared bankruptcy and the serving was just a formality. The property was handed over to another company so we were able to stay there until we moved that summer. But it was nerve-wracking.

You—and the cat—will be fine. :-)

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Hope so. Thanks, all.

And Bryan, I know...life is melancholy right now. I was just bitching at the nameless internet, since I couldn't bitch at anyone else. MY apologies.

Bryan Ochalla said...

No need to apologize -- that is what this blog, your followers and the nameless, faceless internet are for :)