Saturday, April 9, 2016

Thirty-two point nine...

Guys!

It's gonna be my birthday on Monday.  I'll be 33, which is the same age Jesus was when he was crucified.  I don't think there's any import in that; I just like saying it.

What am I doing with my last two days as a 32-year-old man?  Well...tonight I work, which is sort of a bummer, because this has felt like a Sunday all day and I don't work on Sundays.  Do you know how much I'd love to have a job where I didn't work weekends?  Exactly 62 much.

Not sure about the scale on that one...

Sorry.  It's a goofy day.  So tonight I'm going to work and then go celebrate the birthday of a friend who shares the same birthday as me.  She and I actually dated in middle school.  And high school.  Several times.  Once I dated a guy for the exact length of time we dated, from exact start date to exact end date.  How does that even happen? (Hi, Steve.)

But we're gonna celebrate.  And I'm not going to drink and then eat 10,000 calories like I did last night.  I'm sensing a pattern.  Alcohol leads to consuming mass quantities.  So let's just stay niiiiiiiice and sober.

And Sunday?  Sunday we're playing Pandemic Legacy, which is an AWESOME board game that takes place over 12 in-game months.  Go look up a review for it, because it's super neato.  You try to fight disease from spreading across the world, and since it's a legacy game, choices you make in one game affect every choice you make down the road.  You'll sticker and write on the board, tear up cards, and generally deface the game.  This means that, yes, once you're through with it, you can't go back and play it again.  Some people make a face at that.  Yeah.  That face.  Wipe it from your face, because it's TOTALLY WORTH IT.  You'll play a maximum of 24 games, two each month.  Or a minimum of twelve, one each month.  Although to play 12 you'd have to NEVER LOSE, which I cannot see happening.  Ever.

We're all the way to November.  And I still think the game has at least one more good surprise in store for us, although I haven't the foggiest idea what that could be.  Guess we'll have to wait and see!

And that's basically how I intend to spend my last few days before my birthday.  And my birthday?  Well, we'll just have to wait and see.

OUT

No comments: