Monday, March 9, 2009

Common Courtesy a Misnomer...

Seriously.

If one more person today pretends I'm not here when I say "good morning" or "hello" or "have a nice day," I'm going to blow a gasket. Maybe it's a Monday thing. I don't really pay attention to weekly patterns at work, honestly. I should keep a calendarial tally of how many times people are rude during the week.

If you haven't worked with the public, you'd be astonished.

If you have...meh. Just another day at the office, right?

But really. I implore you. Please! When, during the course of your day, someone says "hello," respond by saying "hi" or "hola" or "hey there" or, my personal favorite, "ahoy-hoy!" Don't leave them hanging. And when they say "have a nice day," you should tell them, "you, too." Really. Dont be THAT guy or girl.

Common courtesy doesn't cost you anything. You're not out of pocket or out of time. And you might actually be that bright spot in someone's day (especially if you say "ahoy-hoy").

Let's all work together to make sure that common courtesy is aptly-named.

Out

7 comments:

Argent said...

Amen to that!

And if someone holds a door for you, don't just sail through it like it's your god-given right to have doors held open for you - a "thanks" wouldn't go amiss.

Viewtiful_Justin said...

YES! I get snubbed on the door hold ALL THE TIME!

Honestly, I usually let fly with a louder-than-it-should-be "You're welcome!" when that happens.

Argent said...

Yes, I've done that too! What gets me is the look of sheer puzzlement on their faces when you do it - as if to say "what the hell are you making a fuss about?"

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Exactly. Some people are so entitled I'd like to slep them on the back of the head and tell them to call their mother.

Lea said...

Did you say something?

:-) Hey there!

TheDitzyQueen said...

Hi... I know this is pretty random... but I had read your comment on Cake Wreck, and so I checked out your blog...

And, I just have to comment on how insanely similar my rants are too! I work at a bank too, and it's that way here....and just RIGHT NOW too!

So yeah, I also love going on Where's George because a)it gets REALLY boring here and b)cause i like seeing where all these disgusting bills come from...

Anyways, Thanks Justin for amusing me! =)

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Sure thing! I appreciate the interest!