Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Giving In...

I'm all for tips on saving money, on cutting a tiny bit here and there. I'm trying to cut way back on eating out when there's someting at home to eat. But sometimes...

For a few days now, I've been telling myself no. Keep driving, go home, have some chicken nuggets or a sandwich. Don't you dare turn left after you leave work. And all the while I've been telling myself that, I've known that I'm going to lose the argument. Let's be honest, I know myself, and I know I always get what I want in the end.

So, today I finally broke down and hit up McDonald's for a Quarter Pounder and an orange Hi-C drink. Yum.

The funny thing about it is that I don't really even like McDonald's. But sometimes I get it in my head that I want a Quarter Pounder and some Hi-C orange drink. I know I can put it off. I know I can tell myself no for a few days. But in the end...I always give in. And then it's months before I even think about eating McDonald's again without shuddering.

I'm a weakling. I take one look at those puppy dog eyes in my rearview mirror and...end of story.

So, now I'm sitting here feeling like a fatty with a QP in my belly and some Hi-C orange drink by my side. But I'm a happy fatty.

Out

6 comments:

Lea said...

Wow, the puppy dogs eyes work on your own self? :-)

Argent said...

It's the same for me but with chocolate: I. Just. Can't. Give. It. Up. Still you at least have a gap between QPs!

Doctor K said...

In general I'm a healthy eater and I work out daily.

However, Friday is my indulgence day. I pick up two McDonalds double cheeseburgers for lunch...and work out immediately after lunch.

Viewtiful_Justin said...

@ All Is Fair - Apparently puppy dog eyes do work on my own darn self.

@ Argent - I don't think chocolate is quite as bad for you, but maybe constant indulgence is. But I'm in that boat with you, too.

@Doctor K - I work out every day, too, and I try to eat in a way that won't make me feel super guilty (I have a highly overdeveloped sense of food-related guilt). But some days I tell that guilty conscience to shut the hell up, and I shove a cheeseburger in its mouth.

Jerry said...

I gave up red meat a long time ago, but I can sympathize. I used to be a weekly quarter-pounder myself 8)

Viewtiful_Justin said...

That takes some serious will power. Kudos to you!