Monday, March 2, 2009

Have You Seen Me?

First off, I'd like to start by saying that "fun size" candy bars are a lie. What's fun about unwrapping three of those instead of one regular sized one? There's nothing fun about that. It's just annoying. A fun-sized Milky Way bar would be as big as a Greyhound bus and contain enough rich, delicious caramel to drown several children.

That said, even less fun are those bite-sized pests. You know what I'm talking about--that mix of Hershey's Milk Chocolate, Special Dark, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Mr. Goodbar, and Krackel. Don't get me wrong, I love a good mix. But unwrapping all those little pieces of chocolate...ugh. So much work.



And besides, I usually eat all the good stuff first, leaving the Mr. Goodbar all sad, yellow, and alone. There just aren't enough Krackels in there to keep me satisfied. So. I decided that while we were at the Hershey store in Chicago a few weeks back, that I would buy a regular sized Krackel and finally get my fill.

So, I looked. And I looked. I searched the bins and shelves and assortments. I even went so far as to ask a clerk. And you know what I found out?

There aren't any. They don't make regular-sized Krackel bars. Apparently there isn't enough call for them.

What? You'd better tell Nestle to discontinue the Crunch bar, then. Chocolate and crisp rice? Apparently over.

I guess that's why I'd never seen one.

Out