Monday, January 25, 2010

NEW COMPUTER!!!

So, after a month of agonizing and asking questions and researching and driving to Best Buy, we bought a computer.  Well, Robb bought a computer.  I spent my computer money on emergency tires.  It was always going to be HIS computer, anyway.  I still have one that works, and now I have a spiffy new (hand-me-down) monitor.  It's a flat screen.  I used to have one of those HUGE things that ate all my desk space.  Now my desk looks naked and empty. 

Before you go asking what we got, I'm going to say this:  I'm not telling what we bought, because invariably someone will tell me what we SHOULD HAVE bought.  And right now, we're so sick of other people's opinions about computers that we're just going to keep it to ourselves and be happy with what we have now.

It's a desktop, and it will run Spore and The Sims 3.  So, that's really all you need to know.  If I disappear for a few days, I'm probably being eaten by make-believe people.

But hooray!  He paid for it (and a new monitor) last night, and Best Buy kept it overnight to optimize it and get rid of all the crapware that comes pre-installed.  Hooray for not having to do that!  But let me tell you...we went to the store in town and they were sold out.  So we RACED to a town that's an hour away, got there in a half hour, and made it before the doors closed at 7.  And then we had to drive home with just a monitor in the car. 

Today will be the longest day of my life.  Robb's cashing in on his comp time and coming home a few hours early, stopping at Best Buy to pick up the machine on his way home.  I think I'll hug it when it gets here.  To busy myself, I think I'll do some manscaping, clean the bathroom, go to the library, and go buy Spore and The Sims 3 with my gift card. 

The bathroom certainly needs it.  Check out our filthy mirror:



Eww.  Maybe I'll do that first...

Out

5 comments:

David said...

Manscaping is always good. As is buying Macs, which unfortunately most people can't afford (unless you know the right people who get you crazy deals on refurbished equipment).

I want to come over and clean your bathroom!!! Some people can't stand the sound of nails on a chalkboard. Me, it's the sight of a sad, filthy mirror...

Argent said...

Yeah, I think that mirror needs attention alright. The only thing to ask about/of a computer is: does it do the things I want it to in a reasonably timely fashion? End of. Flat screens are cool though - I have one too.

Viewtiful_Justin said...

The bathroom mirror has since been cleaned. And...we didn't get a Mac, but I wanted one. The next computer I buy will be a Mac.

Bryan Ochalla said...

Oh, congrats to you! I'll bet this will be an exciting night for you two :)

Viewtiful_Justin said...

It was!