Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Update:

So, there's a very high chance that I will get nailed for an $8,800 non-policy loss. We're doing all we can (posturing, threatening, prayeing, pleading, calling, screaming, etc.) to recover any of that cash before the check goes through, but we're having no luck. The customer is MIA because the phone number we have matches the one in the phone book, and both are not current.

Dang it.

So...I may lose my job. We shall see, I guess. Maybe it's the best thing that could happen. It certainly would force me to fulfill one of my resoutions: get a full time job and get the hell out of the bank.

Right now, there's nothing I can do but hold every check that comes through my hands to make sure it doesn't happen again. But really, there's no use worrying about it. It won't do any good.

My verdict: meh.

Out

6 comments:

erin said...

Aww man!

Bryan Ochalla said...

Ugh. Sorry to hear that, Justin :(

Argent said...

Major bummer but I think 'meh' is the right reaction at this point. Keepin' 'em crossed for ya.

A human kind of human said...

"meh"... It is still a horrible thing to happen and as Argent, I will be keeping 'em crossed for you.

KellyMellyBoBellyBananaFanna said...

Holy crap, Justin, I can't believe I missed this.

All of my fingers and toes are crossed for you.

Tell the coppers to look for her in Florida. Do you ever watch America's Most Wanted? All of the bad guys come here. Seriously.

Kelly

Kathy said...

I assume the police are involved? If a cop showed up at my door... I'd listen but then I wouldn't be passing bad checks either.

This could be a good thing in reality. Hang in there!! Dave will be in Chicago next week. I'll have him to be sure to say hi!

:-(