Friday, January 22, 2010

Old Lady Rage...

So, an update, perhaps, on the bad check situation:

I had a dream two nights ago that I met the old woman who deposited that fraudulent check in Schnucks, the local supermarket, and we got in a fight. She tripped me with her can and I pretended to fall into a huge stack of heavy boxes and knocked them over on her. I "fell" on her and left her under the pile. And then we got into it in the parking lot and she tried to steal my groceries so I threw orange soda at her car. And then I couldn't find my car...and I woke up frustrated and angry.

In real, waking life, we haven't seen her yet. She said she had a check to bring in to pay us the $8200 (not $8800 like I originally thought) she owes us. She said it was being overnighted. The next day she called and said she'd be in tomorrow. Yesterday she called and said that because it was raining she wasn't coming in. We suspect this new check of being fraudulent as well, because she told us it was from the same place. Grr.

She's told us three or four different stories about where the check came from and why she got it and all this crap. She's a deceitful old hag and I want to hit her so hard her head spins around.

We called the bank the original check was drawn off of and the guy who wrote the check just HAPPENED to be there. It was so odd. So we talked to him, it was really shady, and now we think he's in on the scam. He said he knows the woman, but not personally, and he wrote her the $25,000 check. Why on Earth would anyone write someone they only kinda knew a check for that kind of money?! It has shady written all over it. And, the old woman won't let us talk to her daughter, whom we know is involved as puppeteer in this whole shenanigan.

So the higher ups at the bank told her she has to come in tomorrow at 9 when the lobby opens or we're getting the police involved. Truth be told, the police can't be called until she has 40 days to pay this money back.

Meanwhile, I very well could lose my job waiting for that to happen. Hooray.

So that's the update. It sounds really confusing because it IS really confusing. I don't quite get it all yet, and I suspect we still don't REALLY know what's going on here. But I'll keep you posted. God knows I'll have enough time once I get fired.

I think there's a special place in Hell for people like this.

Out

8 comments:

Lea said...

Wow this really sucks!

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Pretty much.

Argent said...

"Hit her so hard her head spins round" Classic. Still keeping them crossed for you. These swines never realise the effect their little scams have on people like yourself who could lose a job over it, selfish gits.

Viewtiful_Justin said...

They really are. Grr.

Kathy said...

Why hasn't the bank informed the FBI? She may have 40 days to pay but this sounds like something the Feds would love to look into. Heck... just for curiosity... what is the old hag up to? Funding terrorists? Laundering money? Running drugs or guns? Nah... not guns... 25K isn't enough...

Be sure you run her through a metal detector when (or rather if) she comes in. Who knows what Gangster Granny has hidden in her girdle.

Do I smell Nano 2010? Pearl V. Gangster Granny?? Actually, that should be for script frenzy.

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bryan Ochalla said...

Ugh. So sorry you have to go through this...

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Yeah, it's really messy. And now it soundsl ike we'll never get that money back unless we figure out where else she has an account and the police FORCE her to pay it. Unfortunately, I'll probably have lost my job by then.