Friday, April 16, 2010

Not So Foul...

I went to my interview, and the first thing the guy asked me was how my first interview went. So...I told him. I said it was the most unprofessional interview I'd ever been on. I told him the interviewer wasn't paying attention, asked me questions before I was done answering the one he'd just asked, and generally was unprofessional.

He seemed a little taken aback, but I also had the interview in the palm of my hand at that point. I felt in control. I was the one to be impressed, and I wouldn't settle for anything else.

He asked me, "So, knowing that, and knowing that these are the people you're going to be working with, are you still interested?"

I told him I wasn't sure, but I'd still like to interview. And he was great. I asked about insurance, asked about pay, and generally controlled the interview. It was a strange feeling. I don't usually feel empowered, but I WAS! So, at the end of the interview he said I might hear from someone about a job offer next week. I told him I'd know by then whether or not I wanted the job. And I left feeling confident and good.

And then I got lost on the way home...whoops! But that's another story. Right now, I'm feeling great! And tonight? Meeting old college friends for some pizza! I'm excited!

Out

3 comments:

Bryan Ochalla said...

Glad to hear it went well! Great way to wrap up a Friday, eh? :)

Melissa Blake said...

That's awesome, Justin! Crossing my fingers for you...that is, if you decide you want the job. :)

Argent said...

Making cruciforms of my digits too! Really pleased for you.